Nature inspires and today, I wanted to talk about the benefits of carrot in cosmetics. On this occasion, I also present products that honor this ingredient.
Benefits of carrot in cosmetics
The carrot is usually used as an oil, called carrot macerate. It has several properties :
- Antioxidant : very rich in provitamin A, this oily macerate is an excellent antioxidant. By countering free radicals, it will slow skin aging.
- Protector : rich in linoleic acid, the oil is very moisturizing and thus effectively protects the skin from external aggressions by preserving its natural hydrolipidic film.
- Illuminator : Thanks to its pretty orange color, the carrot macerate illuminates the complexion and offers an immediate good-looking effect. Ideal for dull and tired skin.
- Promotes tanning : Natural self-tanning, it also helps prepare your skin tanning. By activating the production of melanin, it helps you get a nice tan.
- Softening : Very popular with tired and/or mature skin, oily carrot macerate finally softens the epidermis, while maintaining its natural elasticity.
Although it is suitable for everyone without any restrictions, carrot oil is particularly suitable for dull and asphyxiated complexions, as well as tired, wilted or lacking vitality skin.
Being able to be used alone, with a few drops heated between the hands, this vegetable oil is incorporated very well in various preparations.
The body shop’s energizing carrot range
I recently tested two products that want to honor the carrot and especially the carrots that we do not want in our shopping basket in general. The bonus of this range ? The packaging is 100% recyclable.
The Body Shop has relaunched one of its ranges : the Carrot range. Two products can be found in stores or online:
- Carrot Wash Energizing Face Cleanser : consists of 93% natural ingredients and 100% vegan. This cleanser deep cleans the skin and leave a pleasant feeling of freshness on the skin. The formula is enriched with organic Fair Trade carrots with a physics too atypical to be eaten. After a few days of use, the skin is clean, softened, full of energy and purified from urban greyness thanks to its high antioxidant content.
- Carrot Cream Nature-Rich Daily Moisturizer : To continue this energizing routine, The Body Shop also offers a moisturizer. It is composed of 97% natural ingredients and 100% vegan. The formula is enriched with organic carrots that are physically too unusual to be eaten and organic aloe vera from Fairtrade Mexico. It wants to offer exceptional hydration and reveal the natural glow of the skin. It is recharged and protected against external aggression.
What I appreciate in these products is that they are very pleasant to use, with a pretty energizing scent. The cleansing gel is very effective at removing makeup and completing my evening routine. Regarding the cream, I tend to use it on weekends when I want to give a good-looking effect to my face without using any makeup.
Other posts about The Body Shop :