I discovered this week Carlance, Institute and Beauty Bar, I’m sharing with you my opinion and impressions of my experience.
Carlance : the concept
Founded in 2002 by a beautician and her husband, Carlance is a company from the Lyon region. In 2017, the brand was established in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris (Métro Cadet) and in the 15th (Metro Volontaires).
The concept of Carlance is to make accessible aesthetics to all and therefore to create formulas adapted to small budgets. For Carlance, aesthetics at a low price do not mean cheap aesthetics but to focus on the essentials and forget the superfluous.
Carlance is a family business, French and young who wants the French feel beautiful no matter what their budget is.
How does it work ?
For quality services at a low price, Carlance offers :
- without appointment. It is still possible to consult waiting times directly from the website. If you arrive in the spa and there is a little waiting, a space is dedicated to wait or so, it is possible to book a skincare, to do some shopping and come back. No need to queue in front of the cabin for fear of losing its place…
- the skincare menu offers the benefits that we find in all institutes : female and male hair removal, massage, facials and body, slimming cure, makeup, etc. The institutes work with the following brands : Décléor, Thalgo, La Sultane de Saba or Maria Galland.
- A pass is available : two formulas exist. The Esprit Libre formula works with an automatic withdrawal (from 9€). The Square formula is for a limited time (3, 6 and 12 months). This pass can save up to 40% on certain skincare. In addition to discounts on aesthetic benefits, regular offers on products are proposed.
- The beauticians are graduated and trained in the care protocols of major brands.
- The institutes are equipped with real care booths and some have showers to rinse after
- In Paris, the reception rooms allow to wait while being connected to the wifi.
- In the continuity, and always to offer to their customers the quality which it deserves, CARLANCE has developed its own brand of cosmetics at affordable prices, Carlance make-up, and offer over 450 references,
- For waxing, the wax used in the Carlance institutes is manufactured at the world’s leading wax manufacturers. A roll-on wax is used for the legs and sensitive areas, a more delicate wax without tape.
My experience with Carlance
I was able to test two cares : a back massage and a moisturizing facial treatment. The benefits are a maximum personalized to fit the desires and needs of customers.
For the back massage, I was able to choose among the products La Sultane de Saba the fragrance that I liked the most. My choice was on Voyage sur les routes de Malaisie. It floral scent with a touch of jasmine particularly pleased me. The model is made with a scented oil then shea butter melted in the moment in the cabin. The product is at the right temperature and promises a moment of relaxation. The massage is pleasant and the beautician asks you if the pressure is right for you. A relaxing bubble far from the noisy Parisian streets, I needed it.
For the moisturizing facial treatment, the beautician directed me to Thalgo products for my sensitive skin. The 30 minute treatment includes make-up removal if needed, a scrub, a small massage and a moisturizing mask. The treatment lasts about twenty minutes and is perfect for a quick brightening effect. Following the treatment, the beautician gives you a skincare order with the products used if you want to continue the routine at home.
My Carlance experience has been positive with a good reception and benefits of rather qualitative in terms of care. Regarding the waxing, it would be to test !
Other Beauty addresses tried :