I recently discovered HeyDay juices during a press presentation. I was really seduced by the proposals of the brand so I wanted to tell you more about the blog!
HeyDay juices: the brand
Behind HeyDay lies the reunion of two former classmates, Anton and Janno, from Estonia. Heirs to the Nordic traditions of healthy nutrition and organic products, these two friends realize that they share the same values and the same desire to communicate them with the greatest number. Noting that their country is full of superfruits, organic vegetables, berries, in short, the essential ingredients to create the best juices possible: they launched HeyDay in 2015.
HeyDay is distributed in the Naturalia stores at around €4-5.
HeyDay juices: manufacturing
The brand founded the first organic juice manufacturing workshop in northern Europe. HeyDay juices are 100% organic, cold-pressed, unpasteurized juices made entirely by the brand from A to Z. The brand uses High Pressure Processing (HPP) extraction for the production of the juices. This technique preserves the nutrients and flavor of fresh produce.
HeyDay juices: the varieties
Five varieties of juices are available:
- Evergreen: the green juice by excellence! It consists of apple, cucumber, spinach, lemon, parsley and ginger. Perfect to jump from bed, it refreshes and rehydrates. In addition, it is a source of vitamin K and potassium – vitamin K helps to better fix calcium on bones (reminder: I am convinced of milk lobbying so I do not necessarily talk about animal calcium!) . Light and not too sweet, it will convince the skeptics of the “green”.
- Sunbeam: sun in the bottle! It is a cocktail of orange, pineapple, apple, lemon, mint. Sunbeam boost and has an anti-stress action with peppermint.
- Bonfire: full of antioxidants! Made from orange, apple, carrot, argous and turmeric, Bonfire is a source of beta-carotene, vitamins E, B5 and potassium.
- Deep Forest: a return to the land! With its combination of apple, pineapple, orange, cranberry and red beetroot, Deep Forest brings us closer to nature. Beet does not please everyone but in Deep Forest, the dosage is subtle.
- Into the wild: the new kid! Based on wild blueberries, apple, orange, cucumber, spinach, peppermint, Into the wild is very fresh and a little spicy. Again, very rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins C and K, Into the wild is perfect to quench after a workout.
HeyDay juice: my opinion
If you know me, you may know that I am not a big consumer of juice, for several reasons: the calories and sugars we find in it and the lack of “naturalness”.
With HeyDay juices, I find more this side “fresh” and natural that I like in the juice. The texture is much more pleasant because unpasteurized. That’s why after opening, fresh juice like HeyDay must be consumed within 24 hours otherwise the product oxidizes.
What I like is also the associations of flavors that do not make juices too sweet. They remain refreshing and thirst-quenching while having this playful side of the juice.
I am delighted with the discovery and will continue to slip into my basket at Naturalia!