How to avoid dry skin in winter ? Here is a problem I struggle with every year. I told myself that I was going to share some tips for having a baby’s skin in winter !
How to avoid dry skin in winter ?
There are several tips that can fight against dry skin :
- Increase your consumption of omega 3 oils : it has been found that omega 3 (fatty fish, nuts, rapeseed, flax, eggs, green vegetables, for example) accelerate the healing of dry skin.
- Make a vitamin cure : vitamin C and vitamin D must be consumed to spend the winter in good health !
- Change your shower/bath frequencies : long hot baths or showers quickly strip the skin of its natural moisturizing oils. Go for showers less than ten minutes and use warm water to protect the outer barrier of the skin. Also prefer soaps or shower gels without soap for more softness.
- Apply a moisturizer : The most obvious step to avoid dry skin in winter is the regular use of a moisturizer. “Good” creams work by artificially creating an impermeable layer on the skin so that moisture levels can begin to increase.
- Keeping the skin warm : Dermatologists have found that skin exposed to extreme weather conditions tends to suffer more dryness, itching and general pain. Therefore, it makes sense to avoid direct contact with winter air as much as possible. Do not hesitate to equip you with suitable underwear or thermal skin jerseys.
- Avoid aggressive chemicals : Products containing deodorants, perfumes or alcohol can attack your skin because they contain chemicals.
URIAGE Xémose range
Over the years, I have added these routines to my daily routine – and the one I keep every day of the year is to moisturize my skin. Here is a range that I tested and I found very effective to keep a baby’s skin all year !
The Xémose range from URIAGE is their range for very dry and atopic skin. A new generation emollient care for extreme and long-lasting cutaneous comfort.
The range consists of eight products :
LIPID-REPLENISHING ANTI-IRRITATION CREAM
- Lipid-Replenishing Anti-Irritation Cream : soothes itching sensations that cause scratching due to dryness and brings long-lasting comfort. The texture is melting and not sticky – allows getting dressed immediately after application.
- Face cream : This cream nourishes and soothes sensations of tightness and protects against external aggressions. The melting texture restores suppleness and softness to the skin.
- Gentle Cleansing Syndet : this very gentle cleansing cream-gel specifically formulated for the daily cleansing of very dry or atopy-prone skin types. Its creamy foam gently cleanses the skin.
- Cleansing Soothing Oil : This oil protects against dry skin and soothes itching sensations. Its foam provides immediate and lasting comfort for dry to very dry skin.
- Emollient Milk : non-sticky, fluid texture, reduces peaks of dryness and soothes sensations of tightness and discomfort.
- Anti-Itch Soothing Oil Balm : The latest addition to the range. This nourishing and protective balm instantly soothes itching and makes peaks of severe dryness less frequent. The unique transforming “balm-to-oil” texture leaves a non-greasy protective film for long-lasting comfort.
- Lipid-Replenishing Anti-Irritation Cerat : Boasting an ultra-rich texture, this product intensely nourishes, protects and instantly soothes itching that causes scratching due to dryness.
- Moisturizing Lipstick : This is the only product in the range that I do not recommend because its main ingredient is paraffin oil. It is an oil derived from mineral oil that does not really hydrate the skin. To learn more, go to the article : Repair dry lips : tips & advices.
Other skincare items :