I tell you about it regularly and today, I want to show you around my collection L’Artisan Parfumeur for women : the best fragrances. Obviously, this is not exhaustive and reflects the olfactory notes to which I am sensitive in the world of perfumery. So, let’s go, let’s discover this French house.
The history of the house
The house was founded on a rather amusing anecdote :
L’Artisan Parfumeur was the result of a challenge, a plaisanterie. Due to his training as a chemist, a friend asked Jean Laporte if he could create a banana scent to wear with a costume of the same fruit to a gala evening at the Folies Bergères. This was quickly followed by grapefruit and vanilla fragrances.
He experimented and created original scents with “natural essences”. With the success of his first line of fragrances, Jean Laporte was named L’Artisan Parfumeur – the craftsman of fragrance – by perfume enthusiasts.
Passion and taste for craftsmanship, each perfume aims to transport us on an olfactory journey imbued with the personal touch of the master perfumer.
As often in niche perfumery, the bottles have an identical format with a few variations depending on the ranges. The L’Artisan Parfumeur bottle is easily recognizable with its heptagonal graphic shape in dark and smoked glass that invites mystery. Minimalist, timeless, this bottle speaks for itself.
The house offers several ranges of perfumes, body products and home fragrances (candles and diffusers with its famous amber balls, for example).
L’Artisan Parfumeur for women : the collections
As for other niche houses, the AP categorizes its creations by type of notes and not by genre (perfumes for women versus perfumes for men) even if their site offers a selection in this sense for people wishing to be guided in their choice. The house offers Eau de Parfum, Eau de Cologne and Eau de Toilette.
So you have the perfumes organized like this :
- Woody : which reveal the elegant mystery of the woods.
- Floral : which emphasize floral notes, solar, feminine and delicate fragrances.
- Fresh : which tickle the nostrils with their invigorating citrus notes.
- Fruity : which enhances juicy fruit.
- Oriental : which include exotic notes of amber, incense, leather and spices.
Obviously, your choice will stop depending on your sensitivity but if I had to mention some creations that I find perfectly suited for women, I will quote in :
- Woody : Tenebrae,Un Air de Bretagne,
- Florals : Champs de Fleurs, Le Chant de Camargue,
- Fresh : Histoire d’Orangers, Premier Figuier,
- Fruity :Champs de Baies, Mûre & Musc, Madarina Corsica.
Other AP posts :
- L’Artisan Parfumeur Un Air de Bretagne
- Orange Blossome Fragrance : L’Artisan Parfumeur Histoire d’Orangers
- Le Chant de Camargue by L’Artisan Parfumeur
- Bana Banana : the re-launch from L’Artisan Parfumeur