To face the cold snaps, I share my winter skincare routine with ultra comforter products to pamper the skin.
Winter skincare : how to take care of your skin ?
Each change of season invites you to adapt your skincare routine to best adapt to your needs. In winter, hydration is very important – the cold will dehydrate the epidermis. The skin will also need to be protected from the cold, wind, temperature changes between inside and outside, not to mention the sun too.
Personally, I organize my facial routine in 4 steps :
- face mist : awakens the skin in the morning and can be used throughout the day if necessary.
- serum : offers a more concentrated, deep and targeted treatment depending on the condition of the skin.
- moisturizer : hydrates the upper layers of the epidermis and completes the action of the serum.
- eye contour : avoids fine lines of dehydration, in addition to enough water consumption during the day.
Regarding people with perioral dermatitis, this routine is working well on me right now. We are all different and some treatments may not be suitable for you. Nevertheless, the compositions of the products mentioned are rather clean and natural. If you are in a crisis (pimples and apparent inflammation), it is necessary to limit the hydration that you provide with products: exit the serum and the eye area.
Winter skincare : my selection of the moment
This winter, I find some products that I have used in the past but also new ones !
Whether it is in the morning time or during the day, face mists have become essential in my skincare routines. On the advice of my dermatologist, no need to wash my face in the morning. At night, apart from a little perspiration, the skin is not dirty if it has been removed the day before.
To pamper my skin, I alternate between :
- Naobay Energizing Facial Mist which, thanks to aloe vera, green tea and apple extract, will hydrate and revitalize the skin in a few sprays. It is also used after makeup to obtain better hold.
- Centella Royal Water Lotion that I have been using regularly for almost 2 years. It works miracles on the skin with its cocktail of essential oils of Oregano, Sage, Mint, Neroli combined with Magnesium. This lotion refreshes, revitalizes and stimulates the face.
- La Canapé Mist with anti-pollution active ingredients which combines the actions of camellia and orange blossom. This mist will act as a protective barrier against external aggressions and in particular pollution. It protects against skin oxidation and drying, and prevents clogging of the skin pores. To slip into your handbag when you have a hit less well. In addition, its fragrance is divine !
The serums are perfect for providing targeted action to the skin. The concentration of active ingredients is more important than a cream.
Right now, I’m alternating with two products :
- Vichy Mineral 89 which is the reference that I use almost throughout the year. I like its strengthening and restocking action. It contains 89% Vichy mineralizing thermal water combined with highly concentrated hyaluronic acid. It reinforces the cutaneous barrier of the skin to better protect it daily from external aggressions such as pollution, stress and fatigue.
- Hydraflore Rose Caresse anti-redness serum : If like me you are prone to blush at the slightest change in temperature or depending on emotions, this serum is for you. It is enriched with Centella Asiatica extract, whose soothing and regenerating properties are recognized, and with Rosehip Oil. This serum reduces any feeling of discomfort and protects the face from daily external aggressions.
Still on moisturizing and protective actions, I turned to two creams :
- Hydraflore Rose Caresse tenderness cream : which combines plant-based hyaluronic acid, Aloe Vera and vegetable glycerol promote better water fixation and thus help maintain the skin’s water balance. The epidermis is intensely and instantly hydrated. The complexion is luminous and full of vitality. This cream is suitable for normal to dry, sensitive or reactive skin, and even pregnant or lactating women.
- Uriage Age Protect multi-action cream : is a “toolbox” product. It will act simultaneously on the signs of aging and on the daily aggressions that the skin undergoes : blue light, UV, pollution, stress, fatigue…Enriched with moisturizing active ingredients, the skin is perfectly hydrated and supple throughout the day.
In the morning, I like to use this product which I already mentioned a few months ago for my autumn’s skincare routine. It’s about :
- Vinésime Eye contour Elixir du Temps : developed from vine stem cells, this product protects the skin against UV damage. Its other active ingredients help fight the signs of aging and reduce dark circles and puffiness.
Other facial skincare posts :